The recommendations of H.H. Avadhuta Sri Ramakrishnananda Babaji Maharaja contain the sadhana of Vimukti Yoga and can be a tremendous help in the integral development of the human being.
1. Dedicate a minimum of 30 minutes daily to the practice of asanas, pranayama, and relaxation.
2. Repeat a Vedic mantra a minimum of 108 times (1 round) or 16 rounds daily on a mala, directing all one’s being towards the Divine.
3. Nourish oneself solely on sattvic vegetarian food, abstaining from meat, eggs, and fish. Abstain from eating spicy foods such as garlic. Eat not for enjoyment, but in the mode of medicine, and only to maintain one’s health.
4. Meditate in one place daily for a minimum of 20 minutes.
5. Dedicate a minimum of 30 minutes daily to the systematic study of the sacred Vedic scriptures.
6. Dedicate a minimum of 10 minutes daily to prayer. For this purpose, memorize Gajananam and the Maha Mritunjaya mantra.
7. Maintain and preserve the vital energy very carefully through Bramacharya. Practice celibacy, as much on the physical plane as on the mental plane.
8. Accept initiation from a bona fide spiritual master within the path of Vimukti Yoga and follow his guidance and teachings.
9. Try and seek association with religious and spiritual people whose conversations revolve around God. See that your conversations elevate the minds of others rather than criticizing, discouraging or condemning them. Abandon the company of people extremely addicted to sensual pleasure and money, as well as those who are excessively material,
10. Make an effort to maintain the observation during our daily life.
Never hurt anyone with actions, words, or thoughts. Where we find hatred or anger, offer love. Where we find faults, offer forgiveness, acceptance, and compassion. Let us be a source of inspiration for those around us.